Comfortable Salkantay Trek – 5 Days 2017 – 2018
View Peru Advantages
Our Comfortable Salcantay Trail includes all the services than the others and our Extra Fine Services at an Incredible Price, What does all of this mean? It means you simply get more for your money with View Peru.
- Small Group Tour, 8 People Maximum
- One booking, One Tree, Every time you make a booking, we plant a Tree!
- Comfortable Camping Class, Modern and new trekking and camping equipment.
- Warm and comfortable tents/mats for your trek, We Include feather blankets
- 2 Star Hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Hot shower every day during the trek.
- Organic Bathroom
- We are highly recommended on TripAdvisor
- Assistance 24/7 since the moment you book with us.
- You’ll have an escort who will make sure you’ll have a memorable trek to Machu Pichu!
- All transfers, and tours with English speaking guides.
Day 0: Cusco Orientation Dinner (D)
Two nights before the trek you will receive a complete briefing about your Premium trek, Meet and greet with other members of our group, Our Guide is going to explain day by day the itinerary and solve all the questions you may have.
Day 1: Cusco – Soraypampa – Sojrococha (L, D)
- Between 5:00 to 05:30 am you will be picked up from your Cusco hotel in private transport to take you to the beginning of your Salcantay trek. You will pass the village of Mollepata (3000m) before heading towards Soraypampa (3400m) where we will meet the rest of your team before heading off on the trek.
- From here our trek begins winding through an amazing valley while surrounded by the snow-capped peaks of Humantay (5217m) and Salkantay (6264m).
- You will trek lightly with your day pack, we will carry all your personal staff during the trek.
- In the afternoon we will reach your campsite at the scenic site of Sojrococha (4180m). Here you will enjoy a delicious dinner prepared by our local cook.
- Before or After dinner you will have the option to take a hot shower (doable at an extra cost $89.00 per person for 3 nights). For your Hot Shower you will receive a Peruvian cotton towel and imported organic soaps, shampoo and body lotion.
- Enjoy your first night sleeping under the tranquility of the Andes’ sky in your cozy in your Comfortable tents.
Distance: 8 km
Walking hours: 4-5 hours
Low altitude: 3,750m / 12,300 ft (trailhead, Soraypampa)
High altitude: 4,180 / 13,710 ft
Campsite altitude: 4, 180m / 13,710 ft
Day 2: Soyrochocha – Collpapampa (B, L, D)
- After an early breakfast featuring hot tea and coffee and fresh fruits you will begin your second day of trekking towards Machu Picchu.
- This is a challenging day as you will hike towards the Salkantay Pass.
- You will have your delicious lunch at Huayracpampa before descending even further into the cloud forest, home to a completely different set of flora and fauna than other parts of the hike like orchids and hummingbirds
- All day you will have spectacular views of the towering snow covered peak of Salkantay (6264m). As we continue on the trail you will notice an increasing abundance and diversity in lush, colorful vegetation endemic of the area.
- By the time we get to our campsite at CollpaPampa, you will be enjoying the warm climate of the tropical forest. Tonight you will enjoy a consistent dinner, and unfortunately a good amount of mosquitos, so don’t forget your repellent!
Distance: 16 Km
Walking hours: 7-9 hours.
Low altitude: 2,950m / 9,676 ft
High altitude: 4, 570m / 14,989 ft
Campsite altitude: 2,950m / 9,676 ft
Day 3: ColpaPampa – LucmaBamba (B, L, D)
- Following an early, nourishing breakfast, you will begin the most beautiful day of the trek where you will see the region’s magnificent flora and sprawling plantations.
- Our trek descends into a thick cloud forest that will surround you with orchids, bromelains, and other amazing local flora.
- After exiting the thick forest, we will come upon a secluded valley filled with expansive coffee, cacao and fruit plantations.
- Our path takes us through the farming villages of Wiñaypoco (2650m) and La Playa (2100m) where you will encounter local families and get a chance to speak to them and learn about their lifestyle.
- The Gourmet Lunch is served at La Playa before to continue trekking to Lucmabamba.
- Tonight we will camp in the warm village of LucmaBamba where you will enjoy your last dinner, Along with dinner you will receive wine to help you unwind from your strenuous day.
Distance: 15 Km
Walking hours: 6-7 hours
Low altitude: 1,850m / 6,068 ft
High altitude: 2,950m / 9,676 ft
Campsite altitude: 1,850m / 6,068 ft
Day 4: LucmaBamba – Llactapata – Aguas Calientes (B, L, D)
- In the morning after breakfast we will follow an uphill trail towards the ruins of Llactapata (2650m). From this site you will have a great view of the distant Machu Picchu Mountain and will be surrounded by lush greenery and bright flora.
- After enjoying the ruins and the vast view, we will head down to the hydroelectric station (1950m) where the train to Aguas Calientes stops.
- At the train stop you have the option of taking the train the rest of the way or finishing the trek to Agaus Calientes (2050m).
- Upon arrival in Aguas Calientes in the late afternoon you will be escorted to your hotel where you will sleep soundly tonight.
- Dinner included
Distance: 12 km
Walking hours: 4-6 hours.
Low altitude: 1,850m / 6,068 ft
High altitude: 2,700m / 8,900 ft
Aguas Calientes: 2,050m / 6,724 ft
Day 5: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco (B)
- Today you will leave your hotel early in order to beat to large crowds of tourists that arrive later in the morning.
- You will meet your guide at your hotel and he will lead you to the bus up to the ruins of Machu Picchu (2,400m).
- Upon arriving at the ruins you will get an approximately 3 hour tour of this amazing Lost City of the Incas. Your informative guide will tell you all about the theories of the purpose of Machu Picchu, the history of the buildings, and about the culture of the ancient Incas.
- After the tour you will take the bus back down to Aguas Calientes to catch your train back to Cusco or Ollantaytambo (it depends on availability).
- Upon arrival back in Cusco you will be picked up at the train station and transferred back to your hotel for the night.
End of our services.
Date and Prices
Our Private Comfort Salkantay Trek Departs Daily.
Price per person based according the party size, in US dollars valid for all 2017 and 2018.
|Party Size||1 Person||2 People||3 People||4 People||Up to 5 People|
|Price Per Person||$1899.00||$1233.00||$986.00||$919.00||Request Price|
|Train Upgrade, Optional per person||$69.00|
|Hotel Upgrade to 4 stars, Optional per person||$85.00|
|Huayna Picchu Additional Permit, Unguided||$29.00|
If you wish Hotels Nights, Flights, extra Tours in Peru and Bolivia, are bookable by View Peru, please let us know.
Details of your trip to Peru:
- If you go to high altitudes you may suffer “Soroche” (altitude sickness), bring diamox or ask your doctor for advice, just in case.(See more details).
- Checked-in luggage weight limit on domestic flights is 20 kg (44.09 lb). The fee for excess luggage is US$1.8 per kilo.
- Carry-on luggage for domestic flights cannot exceed 8 kg (17.64 lb).
- Insurance against theft, loss, illness and/or accident.
- In addition to your carry-on, you can bring with you a personal item such as a purse, a lap top, a video camera or a diaper bag (when traveling with an infant).
- The rate for tips is at your discretion.
- The exchange rate is about 2.50 soles per dollar.
- Airport taxes for international flights are $30.25, payable at the airport.
- We will assist you in every step of your trip, so please feel free to call us at any time, day or night, if necessary.
- We reserve the right to make changes in the schedule of the trip without prior notice, due to changes in climate conditions, river water levels, flight or bus arrival and departure times or any other unforeseeable reason that may develop, in order to make the best of the trip.
- We would be pleased to arrange additional free days to your tour, if you so desire, in order to give you more time to explore things, or places that may be of particular interest to you
Include / Not Include
OUR PRICE INCLUDES
- 1 night in Aguas Calientes at trusted 2 star hotels
- 3 nights at camping.
- Standard train ticket to Cusco.
- Mat for camping
- sleeping bags and extra blanket
- walking sticks
- duffle bags
- Wine and boiled water
- All entrance fees and permits
- Meals indicated on itinerary (B, L, D)
- All overland transfers indicated
- Porterage during the trek, 7 Kilos maximun
- Bath and hand Towels per person
- Portable chemical Toilet
- A private, hand-crafted and fully personalized Deluxe Inca Trail from start to finish.
- Modern trekking and camping equipment.
- All meals cooked on the spot with fresh ingredients by our trained cook.
- English-speaking guides with knowledge of archeological sites along the Inca Trail.
- Fully Trained porters hailing from local communities.
- All meals throughout the itinerary.
- All transfers and excursions as per itinerary with English speaking guide
- Meals during the Trek (4 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 5 dinners). Food includes pancakes, omelets, soups, fresh fruit and spaghetti, chicken, fish, meat, rice, and all rich in carbohydrates and very suitable for trekking, hot drinks including coca leafs tea which is excellent for the altitude.
- Tea time every day (tea, coffee, wantan, popcorn, cracker.)
- Oxygen bottle and first-aid kits
- Bus ticket from Machu Picchu ruins to Aguas Calientes one way
OUR PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- International and domestic flights, or airport taxes
- Personal expenses
- Huayna picchu permit (subject to availability)
- Meals not noted
- Travel insurance