Salkantay Trek 5 Days – Fixed Dates
View Peru Advantages
Our Comfort fixed departure dates Salkantay Trail includes all the services than the others and our Extra Fine Services at an Incredible Price, What does all of this mean? It means you simply get more for your money with View Peru.
- Small Group Tour, 8 People Maximum
- Hot Shower
- If the price goes down after you book, we’ll refund the difference.
- 7 Kilos Porterage
- Portable chemichal bathroom
- One booking, One Tree, Every time you make a booking, we plant a Tree!
- Comfortable Camping Class, Modern and new trekking and camping equipment.
- Warm and comfortable tents/mats for your trek, We Include feather blankets
- 3 Star Hotel in Aguas Calientes
- We are highly recommended on TripAdvisor
- Assistance 24/7 since the moment you book with us.
- You’ll have a team who will make sure you’ll have a memorable trek to Machu Picchu!
- All transfers, and tours with English speaking guides.
Day 0: Trek Orientation
Two nights before the trek you will receive a complete briefing about your trek, Meet and greet with other members of our group, Our Guide is going to explain day by day the itinerary and solve all the questions you may have.
Day 1: Cusco – Soraypampa – Sojrococha (L, D)
- Between 5:00 to 05:30 am you will be picked up from your Cusco hotel in private transport to take you to the beginning of your Salcantay trek. You will pass the village of Mollepata (3000m) before heading towards Soraypampa (3400m) where we will meet the rest of your team before heading off on the trek.
- From here our trek begins winding through an amazing valley while surrounded by the snow-capped peaks of Humantay (5217m) and Salkantay (6264m).
- You will trek lightly with your day pack, we will carry all your personal staff during the trek.
- In the afternoon we will reach your campsite at the scenic site of Sojrococha (4180m). Here you will enjoy a delicious dinner prepared by our local cook.
- Before or After dinner you will have the option to take a hot shower, For your Hot Shower you will receive a Peruvian cotton towel and imported organic soaps, shampoo and body lotion.
- Enjoy your first night sleeping under the tranquility of the Andes’ sky in your cozy in your Comfortable tents.
Distance: 8 km
Walking hours: 4-5 hours
Low altitude: 3,750m / 12,300 ft (trailhead, Soraypampa)
High altitude: 4,180 / 13,710 ft
Campsite altitude: 4, 180m / 13,710 ft
Day 2: Soyrochocha – Collpapampa (B, L, D)
- After an early breakfast featuring hot tea and coffee and fresh fruits you will begin your second day of trekking towards Machu Picchu.
- This is a challenging day as you will hike towards the Salkantay Pass.
- You will have your delicious lunch at Huayracpampa before descending even further into the cloud forest, home to a completely different set of flora and fauna than other parts of the hike like orchids and hummingbirds
- All day you will have spectacular views of the towering snow covered peak of Salkantay (6264m). As we continue on the trail you will notice an increasing abundance and diversity in lush, colorful vegetation endemic of the area.
- By the time we get to our campsite at CollpaPampa, you will be enjoying the warm climate of the tropical forest. Tonight you will enjoy a consistent dinner, and unfortunately a good amount of mosquitos, so don’t forget your repellent!
Distance: 16 Km
Walking hours: 7-9 hours.
Low altitude: 2,950m / 9,676 ft
High altitude: 4, 570m / 14,989 ft
Campsite altitude: 2,950m / 9,676 ft
Day 3: ColpaPampa – LucmaBamba (B, L, D)
- Following an early, nourishing breakfast, you will begin the most beautiful day of the trek where you will see the region’s magnificent flora and sprawling plantations.
- Our trek descends into a thick cloud forest that will surround you with orchids, bromelains, and other amazing local flora.
- After exiting the thick forest, we will come upon a secluded valley filled with expansive coffee, cacao and fruit plantations.
- Our path takes us through the farming villages of Wiñaypoco (2650m) and La Playa (2100m) where you will encounter local families and get a chance to speak to them and learn about their lifestyle.
- The Gourmet Lunch is served at La Playa before to continue trekking to Lucmabamba.
- Tonight we will camp in the warm village of LucmaBamba where you will enjoy your last dinner, Along with dinner you will receive wine to help you unwind from your strenuous day.
Distance: 15 Km
Walking hours: 6-7 hours
Low altitude: 1,850m / 6,068 ft
High altitude: 2,950m / 9,676 ft
Campsite altitude: 1,850m / 6,068 ft
Day 4: LucmaBamba – Llactapata – Aguas Calientes (B, L, D)
- In the morning after breakfast we will follow an uphill trail towards the ruins of Llactapata (2650m). From this site you will have a great view of the distant Machu Picchu Mountain and will be surrounded by lush greenery and bright flora.
- After enjoying the ruins and the vast view, we will head down to the hydroelectric station (1950m) where the train to Aguas Calientes stops.
- At the train stop you have the option of taking the train the rest of the way (at an extra cost) or finishing the trek to Aguas Calientes (2050m).
- Upon arrival in Aguas Calientes in the late afternoon you will be escorted to your hotel where you will sleep soundly tonight.
- Dinner included
Distance: 12 km
Walking hours: 4-6 hours.
Low altitude: 1,850m / 6,068 ft
High altitude: 2,700m / 8,900 ft
Aguas Calientes: 2,050m / 6,724 ft
Day 5: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco (B)
- Today you will leave your hotel early in order to beat to large crowds of tourists that arrive later in the morning.
- You will meet your guide at your hotel and he will lead you to the bus up to the ruins of Machu Picchu (2,400m).
- Upon arriving at the ruins you will get an approximately 3 hour tour of this amazing Lost City of the Incas. Your informative guide will tell you all about the theories of the purpose of Machu Picchu, the history of the buildings, and about the culture of the ancient Incas.
- After the tour you will take the bus back down to Aguas Calientes to catch your train back to Cusco or Ollantaytambo (it depends on availability).
- Upon arrival back in Cusco you will be picked up at the train station and transferred back to your hotel for the night.
End of our services.
HOW LONG IS THE TREK?
5 days, 50 KM
WHAT SITES ARE VISITED?
Mollepata, Soraypampa, Salkantay Pass, Santa Teresa, Challway, Wiñaypoco, La Playa, Llactapata, Sahuayaco Aguas Calientes, Machu Picchu
from 2 to 8 people
- 3 nights Comfortable Camping
- 1 night Basic Hotel in Aguas Calientes
What do you need to bring?
Backpack with rain shelter, clothing for warm and cold climate like a waterproof jacket, rain pants and lightweight pants, trekking shoes, slippers or sandals (for showers and hot springs), woolen or synthetic socks, a sweater, long- and short-sleeved polo/t-shirts, a rain poncho, a hat, bathing suit (for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes), sunscreen, insect repellent, disinfecting alcohol and gel, water bottle and sterilizing tablets, toiletries and toilet paper, camera (wrapped in plastic bag), a flash light and batteries, some snacks like chocolate bars and dry fruit, original passport, original ISIC student card and extra money in soles.
Dates and Prices
If the price goes down after you book, we’ll refund the difference.
Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu/Price per person based a double/Twin Accommodations in US dollars, Minimum 4 people, For single traveler, please contact us
|Starting dates:||Price||Limited availability|
|12 and 26 of September 2017||$899.00||Request Space|
|10 and 24 of October 2017||$899.00||Request Space|
|14 and 28 of November 2017||$899.00||Request Space|
|5 and 28 of December 2017||$899.00||Request Space|
|21 of December 2017 Christmas Tour||949.00||Request Space|
|28 of December 2017 New Year Tour||949.00||Request Space|
|9 and 23 of January 2018||$989.00||Request Space|
|6 and 20 of March 2018||$899.00||Request Space|
|12 and 24 of April 2018||$899.00||Request Space|
|8 and 22 of May 2018||$899.00||Request Space|
|5 and 19 of June 2018||$899.00||Request Space|
|3 and 17 of July 2018||$899.00||Request Space|
|7 and 21 of August 2018||$899.00||Request Space|
|4 and 18 of September 2018||$899.00||Request Space|
|2 and 16 of October 2018||$899.00||Request Space|
|6 and 20 of November 2018||$899.00||Request Space|
|4 and 18 of December 2018||$899.00||Request Space|
|Train Upgrade, Optional per person||$69.00|
|Hotel Upgrade to 4 stars, Optional per person||$85.00|
|Huayna Picchu Additional Permit, Unguided||$29.00|
If you wish Hotels Nights, Flights, extra Tours in Peru and Bolivia, are bookable by View Peru, please let us know.
Details of your trip to Peru:
- If you go to high altitudes you may suffer “Soroche” (altitude sickness), bring diamox or ask your doctor for advice, just in case.(See more details).
- Checked-in luggage weight limit on domestic flights is 20 kg (44.09 lb). The fee for excess luggage is US$1.8 per kilo.
- Carry-on luggage for domestic flights cannot exceed 8 kg (17.64 lb).
- Insurance against theft, loss, illness and/or accident.
- In addition to your carry-on, you can bring with you a personal item such as a purse, a lap top, a video camera or a diaper bag (when traveling with an infant).
- The rate for tips is at your discretion.
- The exchange rate is about 2.50 soles per dollar.
- Airport taxes for international flights are $30.25, payable at the airport.
- We will assist you in every step of your trip, so please feel free to call us at any time, day or night, if necessary.
- We reserve the right to make changes in the schedule of the trip without prior notice, due to changes in climate conditions, river water levels, flight or bus arrival and departure times or any other unforeseeable reason that may develop, in order to make the best of the trip.
- We would be pleased to arrange additional free days to your tour, if you so desire, in order to give you more time to explore things, or places that may be of particular interest to you
- From the first to the third day we are accompanied by horsemen and mules that will carry all camping equipment and the customer’s private luggage (up to 5 kg). On the fourth day all luggage will be transferred to the hydroelectric station by car.
- Visit to Huayna Picchu: For Huayna Picchu mountain requires to be booked long time in advance however we charge additional $ 19.00 USD and then we’ll guarantee your entrance for Huayna Picchu as well (This new State law began since the 18th of July, 2011).
- Tips for porters, cooks and guides are always welcome. The porters are also very grateful for a small donation, for example clothes or school equipment for their children.
Conditions & Terms:
- Please note that the program deposit is non-refundable. The deposit is used to purchase the ticket entrance to the Inca Trail, Machu Picchu and also the entrance for the porters (they will carry just camping equipment and the food for the trek), and once a space is purchased it cannot be resold.
- View Peru will not give any refunds if a participant decides to cancel the trip prior to departure or during the trip (except from the entrances to the archaeological sites and the bus/train tickets)
- If View Peru doesn’t confirm the reservation, your payment will be refunded totally.
- All participants have to carry their own back packs, including sleeping bag and mattresses unless they booked an extra porter or the service includes porters, horsemen or mules.
- A participant must declare if he/she has any sickness or medical disorder and must bring his/her own medicines.
- All participants must bring their original passport and, if available, their original student card ´ISIC´.
- It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. This insurance must cover personal accident, medical expenses, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage or injury occurring to the client. View Peru cannot be accounted for any accident or loss of personal belongings the customer caused by his/her own.
- In case force majeure occurs, like impossibility to operate the program or trek due to unusual or unforeseen circumstances outside View Peru’ control like: extreme weather conditions, landslides, strikes not allowing operation or putting it at risk, sudden inaccessibility of route, etc. View Peru will propose viable solutions to operate the program within the available dates, or if impossible, will then propose an alternative program. If the alternative program chosen by the client is of lower value than that originally booked then the client is entitled to a refund of the price difference. All costs derived will be at the expense of the client. In case none of these would be feasible, View Peru would refund all the money paid except all the incurred expenses so far. General information and recommendations
- Reservation: Since the number of trekking permits is limited to 500 per day (about 200 tourists and 300 trekking staff) it is important to book well in advance – especially in the high season between May and September. In the low season between December and January, it is possible to get a ticket about 20 days in advance.
- Passport details: Please make sure that your passport is valid for the time you intend doing the Inca Trail. Furthermore, assure that the passport’s details you send us via email, such as the passport’s number, your name etc., are correct. Changes on short notice will complicate the entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Travel Insurance: It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. This insurance must cover personal accident, medical expenses, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage or injury occurring to the client. View Peru cannot be accounted for any accident or loss of personal belongings the customer caused by his/her own actions.
- Porters: The Porters will only carry general camping equipment. Backpacks, sleeping bags, mattresses and additional equipment must be carried by the customer. However, if you wish to have a personal porter, this can be arranged. Please let us know in your reservation. Tips for the porters are always welcome.
- Camping sites: The camping sites on the journey to Machu Picchu can vary from those described in our brochure. This is because some camping sites are already booked out, depending how far in advance a client books. In this case, the INC (Instituto Nacional de Cultura), supervising all agencies that offer the Inca Trail, will assign a camping site.
- Return ticket: We will leave Aguas Calientes by train either at 2:55 pm or at 6:45 pm. This depends on the ticket availability and on how far in advance you booked your trip. During the afternoon, you will have time to have lunch in one of the nice restaurants in Aguas Calientes. Moreover, you can visit the hot springs to relax a bit. You will be back in your hotel either at about 6:00 pm or at about 10:00 pm.
- Your health: It is a common misconception that because many people do the Inca Trail it must be easy. It is not. The trail is 45km (26 miles) long and involves great physical exertion to complete. Combined with high altitude and extreme weather the trek can be hard work. Therefore, we strongly recommend ensuring that you are well acclimatized, in good shape and healthy. Hence, you will enjoy your trip from the beginning on. o A participant must declare if he/she has any sickness or medical disorder and must bring his/her own medicines.
Included / Not Included
OUR PRICE INCLUDES
- 1 night in Aguas Calientes at trusted 3 star hotels
- 3 nights at camping.
- Standard train ticket back to Cusco.
- Hot Shower
- Porterage during the trek, 7 Kilos maximun
- Portable chemical Toilet
- Credit card processing tax
- Air Mattress and sleeping bags
- walking sticks
- duffel bags for your personal staff
- Wine or Champagne for the last camping dinner
- Boiled water in every meal
- All entrance fees and permits
- Comfortable All overland transfers indicated
- A private, hand-crafted and fully personalized service from start to finish.
- Modern trekking and camping Eureka equipment.
- All meals cooked on the spot with fresh ingredients by our trained cook.
- English-speaking guides with knowledge of archeological sites along the Inca Trail.
- Fully Trained porters hailing from local communities.
- All meals throughout the itinerary.
- All transfers and excursions as per itinerary with English speaking guide
- Meals during the Trek (4 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 4 dinners). Food includes pancakes, omelets, soups, fresh fruit and spaghetti, chicken, fish, meat, rice, and all rich in carbohydrates and very suitable for trekking, hot drinks including coca leafs tea which is excellent for the altitude.
- Vegetarian, Vegan, Celiac melas provided upon request in advance.
- Oxygen bottle and first-aid kits
- Bus ticket to Machu Picchu ruins from Aguas Calientes one way
OUR PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- International and domestic flights, or airport taxes
- Personal expenses
- Bus ticket from Machu Picchu ruins to Aguas Calientes one way
- Huayna picchu permit (subject to availability)
- Meals not indicated
- Travel insurance